Monday, April 4, 2011

Cross, loop around, push through, and pull!

Motivation: a powerful tool for getting a six year old to do undesired tasks.

Last night, he begged me, "Momma (yah, his brothers make fun of him for calling me momma.), please, please can I have some new shoes? Please! These are the only ones I have ever wanted!"

Momma says, "Sorry my man, but you aren't of the shoe tying human variety yet."

Alex says, "I'll learn, I pwomise!" (No spelling error. The boy has a speech issue too cute for words sometimes.)

Thus, a bargain was formed and sealed with a high five. The white and blue tie shoes belonged to Momma until he was a shoe tie-er.

We sat together at the desk, one shoe each, and worked step by step on our project last night. After a mere hour of quiet tears of frustration and gritted teeth, there was success!

"Mom! I did it!"

Yes! My youngest son is ready to join the league of shoe tying boys.







- Posted from my iPhone using BlogPress and my still beating heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment